Route planning systems
Software to make every km count. Route planning software helps you eliminate unnecessary kilometres so you can get more done with less resources. Services often include GPS tracking and features to prevent unplanned stops and plan fuel-efficient routes. It’s an investment that’s helped many Kiwi fleets reduce operating costs by as much as 20%.
Computerised vehicle routing and scheduling can help you to:
- make better use of your vehicles
- reduce journey times
- minimise mileage
- save fuel
- reduce operating costs
- improve the reliability of delivery schedules
- improve customer satisfaction
- be more profitable.
Two types of route planning systems
Calculate the most efficient route by tapping into real-time digital maps. The software helps to optimise time spent on the road and get drivers there in the sharpest time.
Vehicle routing and scheduling packages
Calculate the most efficient way to make a large number of deliveries, taking into account factors such as road speed, load size, customer opening hours and driving hours.
Find out where your fuel is going. Telematics systems record vehicle data such as average speeds, fuel use, acceleration levels, idle times, braking and cornering habits – all of which contribute to efficiency, profitability and driver safety. Data can be transmitted securely to a web-based portal or stored on board.
Intel to lower your carbon footprint
Telematics make it easier to monitor and manage vehicles so you can take climate-friendly actions.
- Maintenance alerts. Keep vehicles running efficiently by setting alerts to get vehicles serviced based on kilometres travelled.
- Discourage speeding. Set alerts to warn drivers immediately when they use excessive fuel by breaching a speed limit.
- Manage jobs efficiently. Use real-time information to send the closest driver to the job.
- Cut excessive idling. Identify which vehicles are wasting fuel as they idle, and educate drivers about when to switch off.
Get the benefits
Right-size your fleet
Use telematics to find out how well your fleet is being used. Over-capacity is an opportunity to save thousands of dollars. Do you need all those vehicles – or just a better booking system?
Efficient driving is safer
Driving style is critical to fuel efficiency – and safety. Some telematics systems create a leaderboard from drivers’ data so they can compare results and be rewarded for improvements.