A Gen Less dishwasher is efficient with energy and water
The average modern dishwasher on a full cycle uses about 15 litres of water – far less than washing the same amount of dishes in the sink. And you usually don’t need to rinse them first.
Choosing a dishwasher
- Look for more stars. The Energy Rating Label shows which dishwashers run on less energy, generating fewer emissions.
- Get the right size for your household. Slimline or single-drawer dishwashers are great for smaller households.
- Different settings give you options. Eco mode generally saves energy and water. Half-load and fast settings can also be useful.
Get more for less
Reduce the amount of energy it takes to run your dishwasher:
- Fill it up before you run it. If you have to run it half-full, use the half-load setting.
- Clean the filter regularly. Use a brush and hot soapy water. Check the spray-arm holes aren’t clogged.
- Match the setting to the load. If you have an eco setting, try it for less-dirty dishes and save the default setting for nasty loads.